One Year

It's early morning (not for me, I would already be half way down the A12 on a normal day, but I suppose by Saturday standards it's early). Pete is off to work and I'm going to Mum's cottage to in half-baked light to see the two acre grounds in all their glory. They've rented a Billie-friendly cottage for the week called The Old Bakery; it's adorable. Complete with a Smeg fridge, farmhouse kitchen, oak wood furniture, an orchard and the comfiest bed I've ever lay on. The owner even left a bottle of champagne and chocolates. I think I've remembered my calling in life; renting tiny holiday lets. Not sure if I can convince Pete just yet but we'll see. Denis has the cottages in Shropshire so one of us is already there.

I can't believe we've been in our little home a whole year now. We've done so much but I've still got plans for decorating. Drawings and pins that have accumulated over the last few months, as we move from project to project. We're decided on Black Bamboo and chipped bark to landscape the garden, teak decking, exotic ferns and potted herbs. I'm still thinking about a slate grey bathroom and barbecues on the decking (trying to reassure myself this freezing weather won't last). Blossoms are coming and soon our whole street will be dusty with pink petals, how it was when we were in honeymooning in our first few weeks here. We still touch the surfaces with smiles and wake up on weekends in glee to a quiet house - some things don't change. Here's to another (almost!) year in this home, and if we come back in the future, to many wine and cheese filled Sunday nights. 

Right now, I'm dreaming of new recipes like coconut chicken and mozzarella pasta. Fresh Spring whites; throws, bedding, interiors. Sunshine afternoons for brisk walks around endless harvest fields. Organic soft cotton onesies and Easter baking with yellow chicks. Mojitos that go down like a dream, crisp with crushed ice. Summer dresses and block heel sandals. 









 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author