13.03.13 Lust List!

13.03.13

Tangerine jacket, Topshop
Printed trousers (L-R)  3.1 Phillip Lim , JoieTopshop
Monochrome shoes,  Zara
Fuschia clutch,  Yves saint laurent
Necklaces (L-R) Forever NewDorothy Perkins
Just a few pieces I'm coveting at the moment, no surprise there... But what is different, is the emergence of print trousers - hallelujah, I've been converted! Maybe it's the fact we have a newly elected pope, or perhaps the burst of sunshine this morning - but something has given me a fashion epiphany.

Of course don't get too excited yet, I'm still as greater fan of minimalism as ever... I just intend to mix a few daring pieces in. I like the idea of monochrome print trousers as I'm just not ready for the big leap of bold colour prints yet. I feel that the neutral palette looks effortlessly chic when paired with a crisp white shirt or even a baggy t shirt. Who knows, I might even be brave enough to throw in a colour-pop clutch!

Jokes aside, monochrome and bright bolds are proving to be huge trends this season - seen on the catwalks of Alexander Wang and Jason Wu as well as colour spashed through the lines of DVF and Vera Wang. Tailoring is still holding a firm grip from last season, with many looks leaning more towards more feminine cuts as opposed to the slightly courageous, androgynous style of AW12. Another trend that has been carried over from last season is that of checks and stripes: I've already seen the high street shops dipping into this particular area at this time of year, and - although not something I wear much of myself - it is a trend that I find myself lusting over when done well (see Aimee Song here in understated striped trousers). 

Although the YSL clutch is rather out my price range, a girl can dream, right...?


 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author