The Pescetarian Debate

I've been thinking for some time now that I'd like to go - if not at least part time - pescetarian. I love seafood, especially in pastas and garlic sauces, so I thought to myself, as some what of a health kick, I should try my best to eat more fish and less rubbish. I started thinking about it after watching World Tour Stories explain why she's gone vegan (which has opened my eyes of the cruel meat trade and the uncertainty of the industry rife with added antibiotics or hormones). I do, at times, wish I could switch full time to Almond Milk - but in reality, it's not entirely practical or affordable at this stage of my life. I will have to see how things go in the long run, as I know Pete suffers slightly with dairy products, so it would work out being beneficial for him too. 

This month's Red magazine talks about "Part-Time Veganism: eating plant-based produce, legumes and minimally processed grains. (It has also been proven in The China Study that there is a link between diet and some chronic diseases). "A happy by-product of veganism is that by cutting out saturated fats, junk and highly processed foods, it naturally restricts calories". 

In my new diet, I want to include more foods such as spinaches, kale, lentils, prawns, haddock, salmon, pasta, rice, vegetables, crusty wholemeal bread, tuna, clams, calamari, garlic, almonds, walnuts, fruits, soy/almond milk.










 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author