Wardrobe staples

I've never been one to have a 'capsule wardrobe' (much to my mum's despair), instead I tend to buy a million things and wear them once.... Disposable fashion I like to call it. Now I'm getting a bit older, and growing up a tiny bit (yes, I said it!) I feel as though I need to start buying 'Staple' pieces: Zara classics, Debenhams winter coats and French Connection dresses.

In the coming weeks and months it's my intention to do a huuuuuge wardrobe overhaul, so I'll be saying hello to my new friend eBay and selling everything in exchange for more 'timeless' classics. There are, however, a few pieces in my wardrobe that I can't seem to let go of..

Fitted Black Dress: New Look
Plain and simple and perfect for first dates, family evening dinners, something easy to throw on with a pair of statement shoes/statement jewelry/a big bad clutch! I usually wear this dress with nude heels and a chunky gold necklace, paired with a simple clutch for evening meals.
Nautical Striped T-Shirt (admittedly I am something of a white-trouser/blue-striped/trench-coat obsessive! something about the combination feels so Parisian, and is the perfect answer to lunch-time coffee with friends in Spring or Autumn when the weather's changing and it's swaying breezy and sunny quite unpredictably! Good old British weather!

 Wandering through the endless pages of the internet, and scrolling through hundreds of blogs, I'm going to make some drastic wardrobe cuts and invest in some new pieces... A job which I think is well overdue! There are so many pieces I have my eye on at the moment... Zara shirts, jackets, printed trousers, French Connection cocktail dresses, Topshop florals and far too many winter jackets. I really need a job, don't I...

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author