Dressed Up In Red

Today was one of those nice days when I just throw caution into the wind and head into London with my heels, a notepad and absolutely no plans. Okay that's not true, I'm somewhat of a planoholic so I had a basic idea of where I wanted to go. Can't help myself.
To take my mind off all the talks of solicitors, flat viewings and legal jargon, I took the tube down to Covent Garden where I mooched around the decadent shops and food market (I made an obligatory stop in Whittards tea and Laudree). After an autumnal lunch in Le Pain Quotidien, I skipped away to Picadilly circus for a spot of sight seeing and walked along Regent's street before coming to Fortnum and Maison.

F&M, the most adorably decorated soaps, christmas shop, Covent Garden, outside central avenue...
Chanel, F&M, Le Pain Quotidien lentil soup and homemade bread, In the Apple Market, F&M staris, J.C Cording
I'd be happy enough to call F&M my second home (if only), and can't help but making extensive christmas lists when I wander around - especially through the perfumary and the candle rooms. Not that I'd pass up the chocolate or jam's, you know. There's even a christmas shop this year (they sell orange oil and a neroli christmas candle that I would give my right arm for) it's all very festive. Even if it's only November.

Tonight I'm seeing H and we're cooking up some ravioli with spinach and feta then relaxing with wine and candles because obviously, we live such stressful lives. I think going into Fortnum and Maison without an unlimited credit card is stressful anyway...


 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author